Friday, January 16, 2009

Day 566's mini vaca


Jennifer and I are headed to Helen, Ga for a mini-vacation since we are both off work on Monday. Helen is a nice little town in the Blue Ridge Mountains of Northeast Georgia. The city is built to resemble Alpine villages of Bavaria. It's a little touristy but just to the point that it gives you plenty of things to do, eat, and see.

We've been once before with our friends Ben and Caroline since her parents own a cabin by the river. And me and some friends from Auburn stayed there for my bachelor party before going white water rafting.


It snowed last time we were there and we had tons of fun taking pictures and enjoying the whiteness that we don't really get in Alabama. I don't know if it will snow this time, but we still have plenty on the itinerary such as Hansel and Gretel's Candy Kitchen, Nacoochee Grill, and Geocaching with my new GPS.



Happy Weekend!

7 comments:

ALVN of WhisperWood Cottage said...

Love that last photo! How fun!

Star said...

I am jealous.

John@ThisYoungHouse said...

Oooh, good to know about this little stateside piece of Europe. We may need more than a 3 day weekend to make it from Richmond to Georgia, but it's worth adding to the list of potential mini vacation spots.

Have fun!

megan said...

Never knew about it; we will have to check it out. Have fun!

layersofmeaning said...

I love HELEN, GA! My husband proposed there in 2006. We had dinner that night at Nacoochee Grill, it was amazing!

Lauren said...

hahahaha that pic is great! too cute

An iMperfect wIfe said...

Helen is one of my favorite places! I celebrated a fantastic oktoberfest there one year when I lived in ATL!

Thanks for sharing ;)

Jenny