Thursday, March 6, 2008

Day 249's blue room

Interior Design by Todd Romano.

When Wes and I were registering for wedding gifts, we found out a lot about each other. One thing I learned about Wes, is that he loves the color blue. I thought I already knew that, but I had no idea about the extent of his love for all things blue. He wanted everything to be blue. And not just any blue, navy. Dark, preppy, sporty navy blue. I like navy just fine. I like to wear it (I'm wearing it today, actually). My favorite team's color (one of them) is navy, but did I want navy blue dishes (and everything else, for that matter)? No.

I think we've come to a good compromise. Our house does and will have a lot of different shades of blue, but nothing so far is navy. So this is for you, Wes. No, we're not painting the baseboards Carolina Blue to coordinate, but here's a navy blue office (ahem, man space) for us both to lust over. For you, the blue. For me, the beautifully composed vignettes, the chic chairs and the zebra rug. Now that's what marriage is all about!

12 comments:

Lindsay said...

That's not a "man's room." It's got flowers! And animal prints! That's indigo, baby, not navy. And indigo, by any other name, is purple.

Jennifer said...

don't spoil my fun! this is as manly a room as I can handle

Confessions said...

and check out those bookshelves!! :)

Anonymous said...

Thank you, Lindsay. I don't think it's purple, and I would definitely have to approve the paint color if we painted my man room. The rug would have to be some sort of tiger, leopard, or lion. No pansy zebras allowed. Bookshelves are cool, and I like the seating/storage under the window. The chairs don't surprise me. They are like almost everything else she likes, kinda cool but not functional or comfortable. Give me a huge-ass, overstuffed recliner. I actually do like the coffee table.

Anonymous said...

What's a vignette? And is that a glass end table? How long do you think that would last? I put the over/under at 4 hours.

Eric said...

That isn't manly. Plus those chairs look REALLY uncomfortable.

My Notting Hill said...

I love the color blue too. Your blog is great and the is puppy adorable!

Anonymous said...

Jennifer I'm going to have to agree with LJ. I don't know if that's a man's room. It's neat but reminds me more of a shrink's room (it's missing the couch though). Also, I echo Wes, what's a vignette. Looked it up and I still don't get it.

Jennifer said...

but has anyone ever seen a room with blue walls that looked better? 'cause that was the whole point ...

Anonymous said...

I kinda liked the Blue Room in Auburn. Does that count?

Lindsay said...

I think the only thing that counts about the. Blue Room is that you made it out of there STD free.Congratulations!

pakistani matrimonial rishta said...

Thanks for sharing
pakistani Rishta
online Rishta
leaf guard canada