Monday, January 4, 2010

Day 919: inspiration for a new year


Can you even believe it's already 2010? I for one, cannot. Though I'm not sure how the year sneaked up on me, as I spent the last days of 2009 doing basically nothing (and it was wonderful!).


I do have a few personal and professional goals for the coming year, of course. Mostly, they involve the usual out with the bad and in with the good, but the goal that encompasses them all is to enjoy, daily. Enjoy. Enjoy my life, enjoy my family and friends, enjoy the home we've been blessed with, enjoy my job. To enjoy every day more than the last.


So one of the first things I'm going to do is enjoy my kitchen. I have admired so many in photographs, and it's high-time I enjoyed my own. It's a bit rough-looking at the moment, and this will be a small over-haul to tide us over until the big renovation, but I think it will make a difference.


In the interest of honesty, I actually started this little project something like 6 months ago, and the blue painter's tape still hangs from that first go-round. But, it's a new year, so I'm not dwelling on my past indiscretions!

Isn't this kitchen lovely? It's by Margot Austin and the photos are by Donna Griffith.

9 comments:

vanessa said...

That kitchen is very beautiful. Can't wait to see what happens in yours!

Tanya (a Taste of T) said...

I adore this especially the hooks. Happy remodeling :)

Sarah said...

love that lantern!!! enjoying more sounds good to me:) good luck with your kitchen!

Alaina @ Live Creating Yourself said...

loooving that kitchen. photography is so key in capturing a beautiful space.

cheers,
alaina

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous. I want that kitchen!!!

margot said...

hey thanks for the link and post and to all for kind comments. Best of luck with your reno Jennifer! It really is a tough road there but so worth it in the end!

No.35style said...

love this kitchen! good luck with your redo!

Jaget said...

Hi. love your blogg and fund it funny to se that the egg cups have swedish writing becouse I`m from sweden :D

Unknown said...

Love the traditional kitchen shutters.