Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Day 815's day off


You may have seen that the Southeast has been getting a little more rain than usual. That's really an understatement, but we live on the crest of a hill so other than a super-saturated yard, we haven't been affected (thankfully). Until yesterday, when a tree fell near my office knocking the power out and closing shop for the day.


The surprise day off was so, so nice. I got caught up on housework and laundry. And even got to linger over my cup of coffee.


I (a tad prematurely) got the bedrooms looking a little more like fall, and a little less like a beach retreat. I'd show you pictures, but my memory card is apparently corrupted ...


And I worked on framing our architecture prints. I could get used to being a housewife!

Oh, and isn't today the first official day of fall? You know I'm excited!

13 comments:

Amanda said...

Lucky girl! I could use a day off. I would love to see your bedrooms decked out for Fall. I'm not very good at re-arranging things for a seasonal change.

megan @ a life's design said...

yesterday was crazy over here as well. i love all the orange and blue in your images! :) happy fall!

Kathryn said...

A day of sounds dreamy... I just posted an inspiration board in these colors yesterday, thought you might enjoy: http://snippetandink.blogspot.com/2009/09/board-431-sleek-orange-gray.html

MollyO said...

Where did the top image come from? I totally love it!

Jennifer said...

megan -- subtle, yes?

BBF -- they are all from Martha Stewart. I thought she had her tag on them, but I don't see it.

Tara said...

It's a crisp and cool Tuesday here in Upstate New York. A few sprinkles, but nothing serious. We've been praying for y'all down South though. My grandmother lives on Lake Martin, so we've all been a little concerned!

On a happier note, thank you SO MUCH for the picture of a bedroom with the orange and blue accents. I've decided to redo our master bedroom in light blue, navy, and white with just a few orange accents, but my husband (an Oklahoma Sooner) is adamant it can't look Auburn-y. This picture will prove to him it can be done!!

Jennifer said...

Tara -- check out the rest of the story, it has several versions of an orange and blue room: http://www.marthastewart.com/photogallery/orange-rooms

LindsB said...

I hope it stops raining down there and dries out for you soon!

Glad you had a nice day off though, its always nice to stay home and get stuff done once and awhile ::)

Rachel said...

I love surprise days off!! They're wonderful!
Glad you're staying dry.

I love the orange running through these pics, and especially that round metal table!

Brooke @ Blueprint Bliss said...

Sounds like a perfect day. And yes--- being a housewife would be nice!

Chic Coles said...

Love that first image of bookcase. The orange painted inside the shelves is just wonderful. Great organization of objects.

Annie said...

It's grey and rainy here and your posted pictures of those orange pops of color just made my day! Thank you!

BonBon Rose Girls Kristin said...

I would love to drink a latte in that precious little breakfast nook!