Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Ticking Stripe Sofas


I have a small hand-me-down settee in desperate need of a makeover. Right now I have a piece of fabric tossed over it to hide some of the heinous 90's burgundy, navy and hunter green postcard-print upholstery. Yeah. As usual, I won't have a ton of cash to spend on the project, so I'm thinking a simple ticking stripe might be the answer.


How cute are these two ticking stripe sofas? The welt on this one seems to have been cut on the bias. Fun!

Photos, from top: Traditional Home, Katy Elliott.

7 comments:

KatiePerk said...

I love ticking stripe! It is really charming!

Boo Hazard said...

I love that! I would not of thought to use ticking in that way. Looks great though! and it can be so versatile. - BOO

Karen @ GoodBetterNest said...

I have the exact two images saved for inspiration to reupholster a settee for my dining room. You have great taste!

No.35style said...

love these pics! i have been wanting to make a huge lumbar pillow for my sofa in blue ticking!

Anonymous said...

I have a hand me down loveseat from my grandmother that I was thinking of slipcovering in navy and white ticking. Post your fabric source if you find a good one!
Kate

Unknown said...

I've had ticking stripe fabric on the brain too. love both of those images!

Aimee@ the Functional Space said...

I have a little french chair that I upholstered in a blue ticking stripe 15 years ago and I still love it now. It's a classic. Definitely a good (and inexpensive!) way to go.