Monday, June 23, 2008

Day 359


Last week, Beach Bungalow 8 shared some of a friend's collection of vintage wire baskets. They look great filled with everyday objects (Megan suggests toilet tissue!) or something special.


I have one made of chicken wire that I picked up at a shop in Homewood. It used to sit on my desk and corral my stationery, but now it just ... sits. Inside, you'll find some remote controls and coasters, and occasionally a mail-order catalogue on its way to the trash. I've got big plans for it for Christmas, but I feel like it's not living up to its full potential 11 months out of the year.


It's a bit shallow, so it doesn't quite hold a stack of magazines like I'd love it to. What would you put in it?

And hey, Megan at A Life's Design found some great ones online!

2 comments:

Freckles Chick said...

These ideas are purely decorative more than functional, but how about some tall pillar candles in varying heights.....or some collection like seashells....or some pretty glass accessories like these:

http://brynalexandra.blogspot.com/2008/06/iotd.html

megan @ a life's design said...

i love your basket! and brainstorming some ideas.