Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Day 486: feeling the autumn chill


We woke up our first frost this morning, which is probably a little hard to believe for some of you! Even after putting our duvet into its cover (we've been sleeping under the empty cover all summer) I still managed to convince Wes to turn the heat on last night (we made it five days until his November 1 goal).


As much as I totally hate being cold, I really love the cool, crisp air -- probably because it justifies my desire to wear a scarf everyday!


What is it about this weather that brings out a serious desire to be on a farm in me? Luckily, Martha Stewart shared some images of the first frost on her's to satisfy me (that, and the pumpkin spice Coffee Mate in my coffee).

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ha, I think we are weather twins!

#1 - our first frost was this morning.

#2 - I put our duvet into the cover last night (we'd been sleeping with an empty cover as well)

#3 - we turned on the heat last night...our goal was also November 1!

Unknown said...

HI!! I had a serious frost the other day as well....my mums have all turned brown!!

Amy said...

i can't wait to have a fall again!

Sarah Ring said...

It just became fall here! No sign of a frost for quite a while!

megan @ a life's design said...

I don't like being cold; but I do love the crisp, cool air and scarves! I turned our heat on this past weekend when TJ was out of town. It was too cold for me!
And he was the one that took the dog out this morning when it was 35 degrees!

Anonymous said...

Those are awesome fall pictures!!
It makes me want to grab a starbucks hot caramel apple cider and sit by the fire!!

Anonymous said...

I share your serious desire to be on a farm...