Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Day 354's answers

Lovely Megan at A Life's Design tagged us to answer a few questions and we thought it would be fun if we both answered them. Here goes ...

1. What were you doing 10 years ago?
Wes: I had just finished 7th grade. I’m sure that I probably slept in quite a bit, played outside in the woods, went on some church trips, etc.

Jenn: I guess I was headed into the 9th grade, which meant several torturous weeks of band camp! That was the second and last year I was a majorette at my high school.

2. Five items on your to-do list:
Wes: 1. Paint the office 2. Finish the bathroom 3. Work on the landscaping 4. Install new light fixtures throughout the house and possible put a fan in the living room 5. Beat Tiger Woods 04 so I can justify buying Tiger Woods 08

Jenn: 1. laundry (ever-present on my list ...) 2. get everything together for a shower I'm hosting this weekend 3. start planning lake trip with my high school best friends 4. plan bachelorette weekend for my friend, Kim (lots of party planning this summer!) 5. BLOG!

3. Snacks I enjoy:
Wes: Baked Lays potato chips, Milky Way, Skittles, Starburst
Jenn: I'm really not much of a snacker ...but I really, really love a delicious hamburger and salty french fries probably more than most other things.

4. What would you do if you were a billionaire?
Wes: I would do anything that I damn well please. Think about how much money that is! It’s one thousand million dollars.

First, I would buy a bunch of stuff. A car or two, a house or two, a dog or two, a maid or two. I would actually pay to fix our current house up so that the next owner wouldn’t have to do anything. I would take at least $250,000,000 and put it into IRAs, trust funds, etc so that my kids’ kids’ kids’ kids would never have to worry about financial stability.

I’d buy a professional sports team or two. I’d split up a lot of the money between all my friends. I’d hire Tiger Woods to fix my golf game. I’d hire Lance Armstrong to ride bikes with me. I’d buy the company I work for. I’d give a bunch to Auburn so that something gets named after me. I’d buy a personal jet and pilot.

Jenn: Hmmm ...buy both of our mothers really nice cars (because neither of them will ever buy one for themselves), finish fixing up our house and sell it for cheap, cheap to a fun newlywed couple, put enough money away for us to retire (and travel, travel, travel!) and to give our kids as much education (and the best) as they desire. I would tithe to our church and find some worthy causes to give money to.

I would take my ENTIRE family on the best vacation ever somewhere on the coast of Italy. I would earmark some funds so that my sisters will never have to raise support money again and then I guess I'd buy a big, crusty old house and have it moved to some heavenly spot on a hill (that's close to a city!).

5. Places I would live:
Wes: Charleston, Charlotte, Nashville, Richmond, Lexington, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Italy

Jenn: I'm not so sure I would permanently move across the ocean, but ditto on Charleston (might have to wait for billionaire status for that one!), Charlotte, and Nashville.

6. Bloggers I am passing the challenge on to: Is there anyone left who hasn't answered these? Star? Have at it!