Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Day 404's favorite colors


For the past several years, I have really been into blue and greens. My mom still finds this so strange, I guess because I used to gravitate to more autumn colors than summer colors. In any case, this change of heart came around the time I started gathering things for what is now our house, and it is filled with plenty of blues and greens. Not to mention, those were the colors of our wedding.


This 1890's Victorian on Long Island is right up my "new" alley. The simple shingle exterior alludes to the pretty, cheerful palette indoors.


In the living room, grasscloth-covered walls contribute plenty of texture. Velvet curtains seem like an odd choice for a summer house, but in this bright apple green, they are perfect. And oh that sofa! The pleats on the bottom of the slipcover are divine!


A little step ladder next to the sofa is filled with books, mementos from summers past, and of course, binoculars!


Designer Kate Swope papered the guest bedroom in a sweet floral by Schumacher.

Photos by Michael Luppino for Country Living

3 comments:

Amy said...

i love that living room! i need a summer house...

megan @ a life's design said...

i heart blue and green as well! my love for the colors grew when i started collecting the wine bottles. now i want to use it everywhere!
i LOVE the step ladder next to the sofa; such a great idea.
that will have to be hubby's next project...i emailing him now! :)

Anonymous said...

Hi Jennifer - I am writing from the Luxe Hotel Sunset Boulevard. We would love to publish your blog posting about our hotel on our website luxehotelsunsetblvd.com and offer you a complimentary stay or dinner at our restaurant if you are here in Los Angeles! Please contact me at eve@luxehotels.com.