Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Day 718's pretty party


Megan at Beach Bungalow 8 recently hosted the exact party I've been fantasizing about. Held in her front yard, the baby shower's blues and whites color scheme was sweet without being saccharine, with no cheese in sight. My kind of party.


Megan found an ebay seller that offered Blue Willow plates for $4 each, and bought the rattan chargers at Pottery Barn and World Market.


Burlap covered the table, and fresh limes served as placecards. Blue and purple hydrangeas, green PeeGee hydrangeas and white roses were arranged in silver bowls.


I've been wanting to throw a blue-and-white themed party since I stumbled on this idea board at Style Me Pretty. I love the crisp, summery look.


Blue and white can also take on a slightly vintage feel (as seen on this board from Snippet & Ink), which is the direction I'm hoping to go for a shower for my sister at the end of the month. I'll be sure to take lots of pictures!

7 comments:

Kathryn said...

That last inspiration board is actually from Snippet & Ink - I'm glad you like it!

Jennifer said...

thank you, Kathryn! I'll update with a link ...

Michelle said...

the big hydrangeas are beautiful!

Erin said...

From what I can tell, the limes are serving as place cards, with the names on them and everything. That works. Word to the wise: DO NOT attempt to put actual paper place cards INTO the sliced limes, however. They bleed all over the cards, and it totally doesn't work. You may be thinking "duh!" but I learned that one the hard way!

Melissa said...

I love to read your blog as much as I love all things blue and white!! Our bedding (that we got five years ago when we got married) is blue and white. Our everyday china is blue and white, our guest bedroom is...blue and white. I don't mean to do it, but it's just what I like to buy.

It's amazing where you can find Blue Willow china for super cheap. I went to an estate sale in Crestwood (where I live) this past weekend and there was an entire 64 piece Blue Willow set for $200.

Thanks for all of the design inspiration. I lack all forms of style, but I like to pretend I know what's pretty!

paula said...

I love this. I am about to throw a baby shower for a friend, I may need to borrow some ideas, although we may need to keep it inside for she may just melt.

Lauren said...

oh so gorgeous!!!! love all the hydrangeas!!!