Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Day 725's kitchen love


I know I said I wouldn't be around much this week -- and I still have plenty to do! -- but wouldn't you know that we'd have major technology issues (actually it was called a "catastrophic hardware failure") during one of the busiest weeks ever?!

So ... I've got kitchens on my brain. I've been slooooowly working on a little makeover in our kitchen, and I got to see Brooke's gorgeous makeover in person on Monday, when she graciously hosted our little group of Birmingham bloggers. I was impressed when she posted it, but let me tell you, it looks so much better in person. And she totally tackled the tile herself!

Which brings me to these kitchens. We get several IPC publications at work, and I almost always tear out the ads for Plain English, a UK-based cabinet (er, cupboard) maker. The kitchens are so simple and well-edited, and I love the country feel -- they get me every time! Have a look ...









13 comments:

JMW said...

Love the image of the built-ins with the benches strewn with pillows. Oh, to have a kitchen like that!

Arlynn said...

So light & airy... I'm relaxing just looking at them. now, if they came with someone ready to prepare fabulous gourmet meals, then sign me up now!

Anonymous said...

I agree with JMW. The built-ins with the benches and pillows really caused me to pause.

All the images are lovely!

Tricia - Avolli

Brooke @ Blueprint Bliss said...

Love the simple, country look. These put my little kitchen to shame! :) But thanks for mentioning my little redo!

tag said...

I love these pictures! Such a great, simple look! I remember seeing a picture of your kitchen on your blog and it reminds me a lot of ours- good ole ranch u-shape? Love the blog!

paula said...

I loved brooke's kitchen. It was so amazing in person. Also did you notice the fern in the pic?

Rachel said...

That last kitchen is close to what I'd want to do in our "new home." Brooke's kitchen was wonderful!!

Under a Green Roof said...

I love glass front cabinets, and yes, Brooke's kitchen redo was amazing!

Pink Wallpaper said...

WOW those are great....

Haven and Home said...

That first picture really makes me want glass doors and a painted color inside~!

Tricia said...

i am seriously drooling over all those kitchens...

the understated classic and simple look is just amazing, and actually feels very contemporary!

MollyO said...

I love the look of these kitchens, too, but I get the feeling that no one actually cooks in them.

http://maydek.com said...

That looks so good im trying to get some new design for our bespoke fitted kitchens range these look really good thank you