Thursday, July 2, 2009

Day 733's lovely photos


I loved Brooke's recent post on Blueprint Bliss about her "other loves." Yes, if you are reading this blog (and/or Brooke's) you probably love interior design, and duh, so do I. But we all have other loves. Brooke has inspired me to remember my other loves, and remember that I can talk about them here, too.

One of my more random loves is for beautiful food photography (are you still with me?). Maybe it's because I work in the company of some great food stylists and photographers, and can appreciate the work that goes into one little photo, I'm not sure. But have you ever tried to photograph a meal that you prepared and were particularly proud of? It's not easy to make food look appetizing in a photograph. And to make it look beautiful is definitely a skill.

A recent favorite is Jewels of New York, an effort by two young New Yorkers who combined their passion for food and lifestyle design. Did you spot the pretty Wedgwood basalt creamer?




The next two images belong to Jen of Simply Breakfast. I've mentioned her before, and I am so glad she's back in action. Her photography is so lovely and simple -- it inspires me to pair down. She photographs more than food, and you can purchase her work through her etsy shop.




So, there you have it. I hope we can still be friends. And I hope you'll bare with me as I share some of my "other loves" in the future. Maybe you'll share yours, too.

Oh, and speaking of food, I made the lemon-scented blueberry cupcakes this week. De-Lish! So good, actually, that I had to send them to work with Wes so that I wouldn't finish them off myself!

6 comments:

LindsB said...

mmm, makes me hungry for some of that amazing food! I say share your other loves, I'm sure we will all love it too :)

Happy 4th!

Brooke @ Blueprint Bliss said...

Those photos are great.

And I loved the cupcakes, too! So good. I can't wait to make them again!

Michelle said...

the photos are awesome. I love the plates and the napkins too! love you blog!

Anonymous said...

Yummy! Happy anniversary. I gave you an award on my blog: http://delightfuldwelling.wordpress.com/2009/07/02/its-great-to-be-a-blogger/

Under a Green Roof said...

taking pictures of food is seriously tough! I try to incorporate cooking/food into my blog and the pictures are always less than delish-looking. such a talent to make someone hungry with a picture!

CarolineG said...

I always knew you secretly loved food as much as decorating =) welcome to the dark side.