Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Day 760's lovely photos


Now that we've upgraded to a DSLR camera (we gave ourselves a Nikon D60 for our anniversary), I've been trying to hone up on my skills (don't worry, I'm not the next blogger-turned-photographer, but I needed a hobby in a big way!). I had a photojournalism class in college which gave me a little background on composition and technique, but I tend to learn by inspiration. I love a good still life, and this photostream is really inspiring me today.

Edit: I'm not sure it was clear before, but these are not my photographs, they belong to this talented girl!




9 comments:

Candace said...

I hope you'll be able to work well with my moving object. :)

bluehydrangea said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
bluehydrangea said...

Crazy me! I added two comments together so I deleted the first one. That's what I get for trying to read blogs and leave comments with a 1 year old in my lap!! Still let me know if you like your camera..

Brooke @ Blueprint Bliss said...

Beautiful. LOVE the one with the oranges (or whatever fruit that is).

paula said...

jennifer these are great, so pretty.

LindsB said...

Oh, I am so jealous! I have been begging the BF for an SLR camera for a long time now. Hopefully soon he will cave and get me one like yours :) Lucky girl!!

SGN said...

Glad you clarified... I was about to be majorly impressed and offer you a job. LOL. Glad you are enjoying the new camera! Photography is definitely fun!

so.chic said...

Love the photos!! I just got a Canon 50D about a month ago and I am loving it. I took a class at the Botannical Gardens on SLR cameras and it was great!

itsybitsyknitsy said...

I love summer.