Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Day 220: keepin' it simple


I spent the better part of my growing up years on a little farm in the rolling hills of Tennessee. It's still one of my favorite places on earth, and exactly where I want to be when things get hectic. Life in the country is just so simple. I love it. And today, with a new job and a new house on the horizon, I'm dying for some simplicity.


I told you about simply breakfast, now check out her beautiful postcards and such. This one, "still life with berries," is my favorite.


See the rest of this house at Absolutely Beautiful Things. She's right, it's absolutely beautiful in its restraint.


Couldn't you just soak in this bathtub for hours? I feel more relaxed already ... and I'd love to get my hands on that wall color.


Real Simple magazine has mastered the still life cover image. This one makes me want to purge, purge, purge before we move into the new house!

Image at the top: Blackberry Farm, Walland, Tennessee

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

love it all! new job?

for the love of a house said...

beautiful photos! I have always loved Blackberry farm...
You are absolutely right, we have found that there is a simplicity about living in the country. We often talk about how the candence here is more to our 'natral' candence and because of that we find we lead a quieter life. Quieter on all levels.
Wishing you well in your new job and new home-- how very exciting!
joan