Thursday, July 3, 2008

Day 369's inspiration


Can I just say, I really love the Fourth of July?! So far, I haven't really had the chance to go all out and decorate for one, but maybe one day. For now, I'll share my ideas with you!


Social Couture has tons of great patriotic-themed party decor -- enameled pails, red, white, and blue ribbon, miniature flags, bamboo dinnerware, and more.

And of course, MarthaStewart.com is currently filled with anything and everything you could ever hope to bake or make for the Fourth (and probably much, much more than you will ever have time to).


Instructions for these ribbon stars here.


These little fans are so cute!


A bucket full of flags is probably about as far as I'll go this year, but it's effective in its simplicity.


Photo by Brian Francis for MyHomeIdeas.com

Drinking out of Mason jars is so fun. I recently invested in a package of 12 (about $7 at Publix) and have already used them three times. They are also adorable filled with something small like sand, black-eyed peas or birdseed with a votive candle tucked inside.



Photo by Robbie Camponetto for Cottage Living

I'm sure it's no surprise that I dig this patriotic hydrangea arrangement. Step-by-step instructions are here.

Also, these red, white and blue candles are super-cute, and don't forget to brush up on your flag etiquette!

2 comments:

cotedetexas said...

I love that hydrangea centerpiece! Gorgeous!


thanks for the comment too.
Joni

megan @ a life's design said...

i love the 4th of July and those little fans as well! great post!
really gets you in the celebrating spirit!