Monday, March 8, 2010

Day 982's project and a question


Remember my Salvation Army chair? I still can't decide what to do with it. I thought I wanted to refinish the wood, but the longer it sits next to my brown sofa the less I think that is a good idea. I did bring home a few fabric samples last week, but had to return them before I came to a decision.


Then I spotted this little chair on the Mrs. Howard Personal Shopper and now I'm leaning toward going soft white with a little of this treatment. Thoughts on where I can find this locally? Online shopping kind of gives me the creeps.

9 comments:

LindsB said...

That looks like a really fun project! I have no idea where to get that stuff though, sorry I'm no help.

Brooke @ Blueprint Bliss said...

Can't wait to see what you decide to do. I'm all for painting the chair- I think it will look great!

And you know my thoughts on the fabric from KC!

Anonymous said...

You can find rotten stone at most craft stores, paint stores or home improvement stores. I have used it before with great results. Best of Luck!

Tara said...

If you can't find rotten stone at a craft store, you could try to call the AL woodworker's association and see if they have recommendations. Also, call any cabinet makers or woodworking shops and they can probably direct you, too. Sorry, but B'ham isn't the area of AL that I know best! Good luck!

paula said...

I can't wait to see what you come up with!

Liz said...

Yes, definitely paint it and use the rotten stone - it will be the perfect foil to the darker sofa and side table! Gorgeous!

for the love of a house said...

I too think the soft white will look Wonderful on your chair!! Good luck with the project!
joan

Jennifer said...

Thanks Anon and Tara!

Anonymous said...

I actually live down the street from mrs howard and go in there whenever I can... That chair is unreal. Funny you mention doing this because I think about trying to recreate a lot... i don't know where to find your treatment, but I would actually do even a flat white paint in a color you love and spray it with a satin poly or something... its a lot less distressed looking than you'd think and its soooo pretty...