Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Day 983's sign of Spring


I promise I'm not trying to brag to those of you still in winter, but the daffodils are blooming here in central Alabama. They are the first real sign that Spring is on its way in (though we had our only measurable snow while they were in bloom last year).


These guys are blooming around my office, which reminds me, I need to start taking lunch out on the patio before the temps get unbearably warm!


If daisies are the friendliest flower (name that movie!), don't you think daffodils are the happiest?


This has me wishing I'd planted about eight bajillion of them. Maybe next year.


Our own daffodils are little behind. I was starting to get worried, as they came to our house in an unusual way: my dad dug them out of a hillside on his Tennessee farm and I separated them and planted them last spring. But they seem to be doing fine, and I can't wait until they bloom.

15 comments:

Candace said...

Is the movie Alice in Wonderland??

I wish I had a moment to capture Addison's picture with the flowers this weekend - she is too busy playing these days.

Sara said...

You've Got Mail! One of my all time favorite movies. The flowers are lovely. Isn't it nice to have some spring weather on the horizon? I really enjoy your blog Jennifer!

Anonymous said...

Soooo pretty! And I love You've Got Mail as well!! "I love New York in the fall."

raysongrrl said...

yes, you've got mail! daisies are the friendliest flower, and i love bouquets of freshly sharpened pencils.

Tanya (a Taste of T) said...

I love it! Spring!!!!

-Tanya

Brooke @ Blueprint Bliss said...

Love daffodils. I saw a cluster of them yesterday in the back corner of my yard (where we never go) so I may head out there today and bring some in to brighten things up!

Jennifer said...

Yes! You've Got Mail. Those are great quotes too, Kate and raysongrrl.

Talia said...

You've Got Mail - Meg Ryan and Tom Hanks and I agree! Daisies are the friendliest flower with the daffodil being the happiest!

Lori said...

Check out my daffodil poem post. It is how I named my blog. You will like the story behind the name.

http://myheartwithpleasurefills.blogspot.com/2010/01/whats-in-name-anyway.html

They are opening up here in Texas too!

Deanna (Silly Goose Farm) said...

Yay, "You've Got Mail!" love that movie. Have you seen "The Shop Around the Corner" with Jimmy Stewart? That's the original version, and I highly recommend it. I watch it every Christmas.

Amber B. said...

YOU'VE GOT MAIL!!! I watch it every time it's on tv. :-)

The daffodils in our yard are blooming, too. (I think that you and I live in the same town.)

Yay that spring is almost here--our winter has been brutal!

Grace @ Sense and Simplicity said...

I love daffodils too - we have a pot of them in our dining room right now. I also love You've Got Mail.

Chic Coles said...

No way how lucky can you be!

for the love of a house said...

Please send Spring my way when you're through with it!!!!
joan

Candace said...

I look like a moron for not knowing...ha! You can tell what movie I wanted to see (but didn't get to) this weekend.