Friday, September 17, 2010

Day 1175's pretty


I'm head-over-heels for this pretty Atlanta keeping room (designed by Amy Morris). In part because the Tennessee farmhouse I grew up in had a "keeping room" (really just a sitting room off the kitchen) and I like the idea of them, but also because it looks like a delightful place to spend a fall weekend curled up next to a fire. But not here -- at least not this weekend -- where Indian Summer is in full swing. I hope it's turning fall-like where you are!

Happy Weekend!

Photo by Emily Followill for Traditional Home.

5 comments:

Celeste said...

A keeping room is an amazing feature. I'm desperate for one right now! I've even considered adding a screened porch outside with indoor-type furnishings.

Celeste said...

A keeping room is an amazing feature. I'm desperate for one right now! I've even considered adding a screened porch outside with indoor-type furnishings.

Linda in AZ * said...

* That space is just CHARMING and sooo inviting!!!

Linda in AZ *
bellesmom1234@comcast.net

Katie @ Katie Beth Interiors said...

That is beautiful, I especially love the stoned fireplace, so cozy!

Kim @ NewlyWoodwards said...

I love the concept of a keeping room. I'm trying to decide what room I can call a keeping room.

It's so Southern and charming, both lovely things in my book. ;)