Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Day 247's pretty floor

Photo by Jason Penny for Domino.

I love little hexagon-shaped tile in the bathroom. I think it's because I love residential architecture from the 1920's and 1930's, and it was very popular during that time. Even though our house wasn't built until 1959, the scale is still appropriate for touches of the 20's, and we want to put hex tiles (or maybe penny-round) on the floor in our bathroom. White is the obvious choice, but lately I've been seeing versions in black, and it doesn't look as modern as you'd think.

Photo via pink wallpaper.


HGTV Canada featured this pretty entry with black hexagon tile on the floor. I love that it takes the space from purely traditional to transitional -- a great place to be!

2 comments:

Jen @ RamblingRenovators said...

I noticed this pic too of Suzanne Dimma's foyer. I love how the hex tiles are dark (which is great for an entry).

Lindsay said...

quit playing with the dog and looking for the cat and BLOG for chrissakes. it's been 2 whole days.