Thursday, March 5, 2009

Day 614's shop crush: Bungalow Classic


With all of the excitement over the Eddie Ross shopping trip, I completely forgot to tell you about the rest of the weekend in Atlanta. I spent Saturday with two fun co-workers as we hit up some of the great interior shops in town, making friends with owners, passing out business cards, and scouting for story ideas (not a bad work day, I don't think!).

One of my favorites was Bungalow Classic. I've been wanting to visit since it was published in Cottage Living, and was glad to finally get the chance. I know I've said this before, but I wanted to just move right in! And let me tell you, I would have been well accommodated. There was gorgeous upholstery (most of it linen), fabulous lighting, great case goods, plenty of interesting books and accessories, beautiful bedding, and unique antique pieces, all of it thoughtfully chosen and carefully placed. Even the little office nook for placing custom orders was adorable with its skirted linen table. See for yourself:













If you're ever in Atlanta, it's definitely worth a visit. It's in the hip Westside area of town, also home to Star Provisions, Terra Cottage (funny story about that one later), and B. Braithwaite.

Bungalow Classic
1197 Howell Mill Road
Atlanta, Georgia 30318

11 comments:

Amanda said...

oooo I love these pictures. I especially love that tuffed couch at the end of that bed! You are a lucky girl to have such a fun job! I will trade ya :)

La Maison Fou said...

Wow! I really like this store! The turned dark laps with the round chocolate shades are great.
Lamaisonfou blog

Anonymous said...

I'm with Amanda - that tufted couch is awesome. And the prints. AND the lamps. I might have to take the truck with me next time I go to ATL!

Arlynn said...

One of my favorites : )

paula said...

so much eye candy. All those light fixtures are so stunning.

Brooke @ Blueprint Bliss said...

I've never been... will have to add it to my ATL list. Although, every time I go- I try to cram too much in! It's hard not to!

Pink Wallpaper said...

i love this place and b. braithwaite is where i got all of my baby furniture. i love the way bungalow is edited...very well thoughtout accessories.
*oh, and i think the price you saw for the bread box would be a good price :)

High-Heeled Foot in the door said...

Wow. Another reason I must make a trip to Atlanta. It is filled with so many great shops full of interesting design.

I loved getting a sneak peek into this shop!

Thanks.

Smitten Design said...

that is one of my favorite ATL stores. i wish they would let me move in!

Filia Artis said...

ok, have checked out the website and am head over heels smitten. Will now mourn the fact that Alta. is miles, and miles and miles away...

MFAMB said...

i love this store too. i live in atlanta. i love all those stores you mentioned. a couple more are south of market and pieces..oooh! and circa lighting...