Thursday, March 12, 2009

Day 621's inspiring low-budget makeovers


It seems we're not the only ones into quick, budget-friendly makeovers these days. Check out My Notting Hill's bathroom makeover -- she painted seafoam green tiles a pretty shade of gray.


Rhoda at Southern Hospitality lightened up her dining room with a pretty paint color and added picture frame molding to the bottom of the wall. She details the entire process here.


Jenny at Little Green Notebook dressed up a pair of Ikea bookshelves with a little molding and some paint. I love the way she has her shelves arranged, too. As a side note, have you seen Little Green Notebook yet? It's fabulous. Let's be best friends, Jenny!


And speaking of molding and blogs to love, Nathan at Laurel Street sent me these great pictures of the built-in cabinets he dressed up. I love what he did with his dining room chandelier, too (and don't even get me started on his home office, or what he did with his kitchen appliances).

What sort of quick or budget-friendly makeovers have you done?

5 comments:

High-Heeled Foot in the door said...

Oh love this post. I love budget friendly design so I'm excited to check out off of those links.

My Notting Hill said...

Thanks for including my make over. Love, love what Southern Hospitality and Little Green Notebook did - terrific! Loved you comment on my post - I'm heading into my bathroom right now to rip that plastic cover off!

Anonymous said...

I painted my porch ceilings a light blue a couple of weeks ago. Very budget friendly. We were in Charleston a few days ago and saw a ton of porches with light blue ceilings too.

Anonymous said...

Oh Melinda. That's another blog post in itself. Jennifer can talk to you about the Haint Blue ceilings of the lowcountry for hours on end. Also, very envious of your trip to Charleston. We love it there.

Rhoda @ Southern Hospitality said...

Thanks, Jennifer, for the mention! I'm so glad I did that project, it's made so much difference in the feel of our diningroom.