Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Day 885's Christmas decorating inspiration


We haven't started decorating for Christmas yet (I know -- gasp!). There were a couple of things around the house that needed to be done first, and then, well, Monday came. I did pull a couple of boxes out last night, but other than ornaments, we don't have much stored away. Most of what I did last year was in the form of wreaths and garlands I made. With that in mind, I decided to go through my inspiration photos to get a few ideas of what I can do this year, and voila! A Christmas inspiration board was born (even though I claim to never make them).

Clockwise from top left: Bells as a tree topper from Cottage Living, holly wreath by Martha, non-theme tree from Country Living, boxwood garland in Heather Chadduck's kitchen from Cottage Living, simple entry from Real Simple, tablecloth-turned-stockings from Martha, pretty mantle from Southern Accents, and wreath chandelier from Martha.

4 comments:

Brooke @ Blueprint Bliss said...

My tree is up with lights but no ornaments! Not like me, at all.

Cassie said...

I have just put up interior house decorations today but still no tree or outside lights! I love the non-theme tree and the wreath chandelier on your board. xx

Mrs. Newlywed said...

Love it all. We haven't started decorating yet, either. but as soon as I'm done with classes, I'm all over that! At your suggestion, we got a 3ft tree from target (pre-lit, yay!) and I cannot wait to decorate that :)

Jennifer said...

Jane -- sounds great! you'll have to post some pictures when you get it decorated.