Monday, December 7, 2009

Day 891: The Kitchen In My Dreams


I'm quite sure I've said this at least a dozen times before, but this kitchen is completely perfect in my eyes. Joni posted it -- along with the rest of the beautiful house -- on Cote de Texas last week, but I couldn't help but share. The recently remodeled home has a decidedly European feeling, and the kitchen is no different (in fact, it reminds me of my favorite English cupboard-makers, Plain English).


Next to the range, utensils are scattered in ironstone pitchers. Bread boards and antique copper contribute to the European feeling.



Most of the counters are Belgium bluestone, but the island -- an antique cabinet from Watkins Culver in Houston -- is topped with marble.

The kitchen is without upper cabinets, but clearly storage is no problem.

On the other side of the island, the breakfast table is surround by bistro-style chairs.

And beyond that is a sitting area. If I lived here I would call it a "keeping room," just for fun.

Even the pantry is outfitted with a cute antique lantern.

Notice the hardware on the doors, Joni points out that it was all special ordered unfinished brass and given a special tarnish to look old. So beautiful! Thank you for sharing this wonderful house, Joni!

9 comments:

Victoria said...

Simple, perfect! That unlacquered brass is georgeous. I was just comtemplating when did builders stop using real metal hardware and begin using the faux (crap, I mean brass) they put in new houses? Thanks for the daily inspiration.

LindsB said...

That kitchen is amazing, I love the open shelves and the floor.

Chic Coles said...

What a beautiful kitchen! I love the clean look of it, and I loveee that big pantry!

paula said...

I saved this one in my inspiration "I must have it one day" folder. I can't stop staring at all the little details.

Rhoda @ Southern Hospitality said...

Joni shares some great eye candy over there, I love this kitchen! I'm really loving lighter walls and darker floors these days & those open shelves in the kitchen are wonderful.

Thank you for coming by & for the very nice comments, Jennifer! Maybe one of these days, we'll meet up.

I'm going to the IPC home tour this weekend & looking forward to seeing those Mountain Brook homes all decked out.

No.35style said...

love the floors and those leather chairs...really liking the comeback of brass fixtures..

CRICKET said...

I saw it too - love at first site. I put the pics in my computer inspirational file and then I polished my tarnished copper pots. I love the way the tv looks on the antique table, I have a similar table and never thought to do this!

cotedetexas said...

Jane Wood designed that - isn't it fabulous!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! makes me green with envy.

pakistani matrimonial rishta said...


Thanks for sharing
we are Roofing Repair company contact uss canada(604 655 8486)
leaf guard canada
pakistani Rishta
Rishta pakistan
photobooth rentals in australia