Monday, May 4, 2009

Day 674's new favorite


Man, I love a good door knob (nerd alert!). Which is how I found myself making friends with the good folks of Sun Valley Bronze at the Kitchen and Bath Industry Show last week. I'm not sure what bronze door hardware has to do with kitchens and baths (except that kitchens and baths have doors), but I didn't care. This stuff was good.


This is real hardware folks, and you can't buy it at Lowe's. I have no idea how much it costs, either (no one talks cost at K/BIS!) but, like I said, it's good. Nice and heavy, and will look better with age.


I don't often use the words "contemporary" and "favorite" in the same sentence, but there's a first time for everything, and the Contemporary Collection is officially my favorite. Simple and clean, but then, you can't get more "traditional" than bronze -- it's the best of both worlds, I think. And don't even get me started on the finishes!

4 comments:

Brooke @ Blueprint Bliss said...

I love the items from SV Bronze. Of course, I just love Sun Valley in general!!

You should check out Rocky Mountain Hardware. It's out of SV, too. Amazing things. And high dollar, at that!

They both have similar things- I wonder if the companies are separate or related?

Brooke @ Blueprint Bliss said...

No, not related. One of my best friends works in the showroom in Sun Valley for Rocky Mountain Hardware. She said the guy who owns Sun Valley Bronze used to work for them- and then started his own company. Just a little info!

Haven and Home said...

I wanted to go to this. I see I missed some great stuff!

Drew Streich said...

Check out Baldwin...I get it at COST if you want some!! Hope things are well!