Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Day 683's further inspiration


Are you tired of hearing about the guest bedroom yet? I hope not. I wish I had some more progress to report, but so far all I've managed is to clean out and organize the closet and get the mattresses set up with new white sheets. Progress is progress, right? Oh, and I found more pictures with my "color scheme," so I made a little idea board. It serves absolutely no purpose, but it's pretty! {click on it to get a better look}


I couldn't justify spending $60 on any of the lamps I saw at HomeGoods last week (this was supposed to be a budget-friendly project!), so we hit a few yard sales on Saturday morning (which might be my new favorite hobby) and hoped for the best. I bought this bright green ceramic lamp for a whopping $1, which proceeded to fall of the seat of my car onto a cute little black planter (it set me back 50 cents).

I was kind of bummed, because the planter looked like my beloved basalt pitcher. I gorilla-glued it back together, but didn't take any pictures of that process because I was afraid I would glue my camera to my hands! Did glue some hairs together, but that's no biggie. It's not perfect, but it'll work!

8 comments:

Emily Lilley said...

love the idea board. that peachy color is so pretty these days...when I said I wanted those lamps with the grey shades I was picturing them in a room with pale peachy-coral-pink walls...

M said...

Those pastels are oh so pretty! What a soothing room for guests to stay in. You have such a good eye for beautiful things.

Christina said...

Love your new green lamp. I have a large candlestick that I broke that is waiting to be glued back together. Same thing happened--another find attacked it.

megan @ a life's design said...

great idea board! i have to go to yard sales with you; you always find the best stuff! are you going this weekend (i will be in town)? :)

LindsB said...

What a fun lamp- great color!

Brooke @ Blueprint Bliss said...

Okay, so your $1 lamp beats my two from Homegoods, which btw, I have been feeling guilty about!! I had the money set aside- which makes it better. And now I'm officially on a shopping hiatus!

Love your inspiration board.

Rachel said...

I love that lamp!!

Jacinda Davis said...

I like your idea board! Those colors are great. They seem to be a reocurring theme in my own inspiration sketchbook.