Friday, May 22, 2009

Day 692's pretties


California's coast is filled with such wonderful color and texture. I just couldn't get enough of it. By comparison, Alabama is very ... green. {click to get a better look if you'd like}









From the top: fog rolling in along Highway One near Carmel, pretty flowers against dry grass in Old Town San Diego, hexagon-shaped terra cotta tile (love!) in La Jolla Shores, beautiful coastline between Carmel and Big Sur, gorgeous sea weed washed up on Nautilus Beach in La Jolla, assorted vegetation, kelp on Nautilus Beach, a quince-looking flower, and ice flowers.

6 comments:

Amy said...

lovely photos! i'm impressed that you made it all the way up to carmel!

Jennifer said...

thanks Amy! it was no small feat, but we wanted to see as much of the coast as we could. California's not exactly "down the street!"

Anonymous said...

And here we are leaving for S.F. tomorrow, Napa, San Jose.... I don't think I realized I had better 'get packing' until I saw your pictures!

Jennifer said...

fun, Nathan! I think my next Cali trip will be of the San Fran-Napa variety, perhaps with some Yosemite thrown in for good measure.

paula said...

It's beautiful! hope to make it that way one day:)

megan @ a life's design said...

Wonderful photos! I am sure you took too many to share!