Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Day 837: loving copper cookware


When fall arrives, I start craving warm, intimate spaces and different textures. Summer begs for linen and cotton, but now I'm craving wool plaids and anything that resembles a sweater (even thought it's still 70 degrees in Birmingham). That goes for the kitchen, too. Copper seems just right for the season.


I'd die for Eddie Ross' ironstone collection, but his collection of copper pots and pans is also quite impressive. Here, he used them to give a Chateau Chic feeling to a Grange Showroom. Above, they are on display in Martha's stable kitchen in Bedford (his first decorating project at Living).


Just one or two pieces can warm things up, as seen in this kitchen by Nathan Egan Interiors.


Copper is great for fall entertaining, too. Joni spotted a few pieces at a recent party for Garden & Gun at Houston lighting showroom, Brown. I have one copper platter (see it here) that I would love to use to serve treats at a fall dinner party.


New copper cookware is on the pricey side -- especially since it's not a necessity for every-day cooking -- but vintage pieces are not hard to find. I spotted these at a local antiques shop. Each piece was in the $20 range (though I wouldn't cook with it until I had the interior re-tinned).

6 comments:

From the Kitchen said...

Jennifer, thanks for letting me know about 82 Queen. When I lived in Charleston, I directed the In Good Taste Cooking School and taught classes. A lot of the chefs did classes for me. I keep meaning to dig back through my files and see how many are still around. And I've bookmarked your blog. Looks great! I'm still trying to get mine off the ground.

Sarah said...

I love copper anything any time of year:) I was amazed at how Eddie transformed that kitchen to French chateau chic or whatever. It was really pretty.

Brooke @ Blueprint Bliss said...

I love copper, too. I just pulled out a piece last night for a dinner party and filled it w/ moss and mini white pumpkins!

Anonymous said...

I love copper- because it's hardworking and looks great while doing it. If only I could be the same....

megan @ a life's design said...

i love the addition of just one or two in the Nathan Egan interiors.
it is freezing here today, in the 50s! i hope fall comes back and we don't jump straight to winter.

cotedetexas said...

Thanks for the shout out!!!!!
you are too sweet and you have a great eye. love your blog!
Joni