Friday, October 23, 2009

Day 846: new blog to love


I'm going to have to interrupt the regular "Friday pretty" to show you a host of pretties from a new-to-me blog, A Country Farmhouse. I stumbled upon Trina and her lovely life earlier in the week, and can no longer keep it to myself.


She and her husband bought a little farmhouse and have been working to restore it from a 1970s-style paneled mess (even the fireplace surround was paneled!) to its humble, but beautiful, origins.


Trina writes that the blog is a way to chronicle their renovations, and a place to share "musings of a few of (her) great passions...country life, antiques, old houses and healthy living."


Here is her new-but-looks-old kitchen, which I love. The wood counters are from Ikea (we've been scoping them out for our kitchen remodel) and the cabinets are made by a local craftsman and the doors modeled after Trina's antique pie safe. So authentic, that a contractor made the comment that he assumed they would be "tearing out the old kitchen anyway, right?"




Can you imagine a better place to unwind with a glass of wine at the end of the day? I personally cannot. Please click on the picture to get a load of that view!


Trina, I promise I'm not a crazy person (even though I read your entire blog yesterday and today posted a picture of your silverware drawer on mine -- who does that?), let's be friends!

Happy Weekend!

20 comments:

Katie @ Noodle and Boof said...

LOVE this!!! Love all the simplicity, light, and fresh feel!

vanessa said...

Love that blog! And of course I am a huge advocate for the IKEA butcher block countertops.

High-Heeled Foot in the door said...

Oh what fun! I always love a good new to me blog! I will enjoy catching up on it again.

My whole kitchen is IKEA and I love it!

paula said...

I love new blogs! her's seems like a goodie.

Dina said...

I can see now why you feel in love with it, what a refreshing, wholesome take on life! Love it!
~Dina

Catherine said...

You are so kind, what a wonderful way to start my day...feels like the sun is shining even though it's raining outside! ; ) Let's absolutely be friends - so look forward to it! A very happy weekend to you! xoTrina

Janine Marshall said...

Hi Jennifer,

Just "called in" from Trina's A Country Farmhouse, so hi. I have had a little time to scroll down and read your postings, and they are fantastic, I'm really enjoying them. So well done. Will call in again soon. Take care and have a great weekend!!

Janine
XXOO
Tasmania, Australia

for the love of a house said...

Hi,Hi Jennifer!! Popped over from Trina's.... isn't her farmhouse gorgeous?!! And then to top it all off, she's an absolute doll! I did the same thing when I found her blog... read every single post and was riveted!
I'm loving your blog too! You show such beautiful homes. Will definitely be back for more!
joan

(p.s. I'm so honored to be on your blog list!! thank you!)

the gardener's cottage said...

Hi Jennifer,

Don't you just love her whole house! And that silverware drawer, I knew she was my kinda gal when I saw that. She is so sweet and humble. It doesn't get any better than that.

I will spend some time here checking out your wonderful blog.

~janet

Brooke @ Blueprint Bliss said...

Love what I've seen and love being introduced to a new blog. I'm off to check it out. Have a great weekend!

plaisirs simples said...

REALLY like this. checking out this blog now!! thx for the mention

Kristy said...

Thanks for introducing me to this great new blog!

Lovely Little Nest said...

LOVE the patio!

megan @ a life's design said...

thanks for sharing her blog. i will be sure to visit again. their renovations are amazingly beautiful! i can't wait to see more. and i am jealous of her spice drawer!

Lauren said...

haha yes!! trina & her blog & home are AMAZING!!

that is THE MOST PERFECT SPOT on the porch!!! WOW


xoxo

Heather Warren said...

Thank U. I love her blog, so glad you introduced me to it

Kristin Forbes-Mullane said...

Yay! Love new blogs with pretty stuff to look at :)

Zakary said...

I LOVE this!

And where have I been? I didn't know Ikea had countertops!

P.S. We don't have Ikea here.

Melissa said...

That silverware drawer is so great that I'm not surprised you wanted to post it. Ha!

Happy to have found your blog via Two Ellie.

paige said...

just had to respond to this post because it's april 8, 2010 and i'm reading every single post on your blog because I LOVE IT! i'm a crazy person sometimes ;), can we be friends anyway? :) thanks for the amazing blog!