Thursday, October 1, 2009

Day 824: more plaid bedrooms


Thanks for all of the kind words about my little bedroom update. I think the good Lord knew what he was doing when he gave us the changing seasons, because I need -- and even crave -- a little change a few times a year. The lovely fall weather we're experiencing has me feeling so energized, and a few little changes around the house reinforce that.

I kind of hate to say "I LOVE plaid in bedrooms!" because, really, plaid in bedrooms is kind of dangerous. I'm thinking of those beds-in-a-bag that all of my male friends had in college (and some probably still do -- I'm talking to you, Mayo!). That said, when plaid is used well in a bedroom (no cotton comforters, please), it is so good. Like the vintage Ralph Lauren plaid blanket on the bed in this guest room in Mark Badgley and James Mischka's Kentucky home (photographed by Roger Davies for Elle Decor).


Or in this pretty room by designer Nicholas Haslam. I posted the rest of it here, and I still think it's a fabulous room.

If you're loving plaid as much as I am, check out Katy Elliot's round up of plaid wool blanket resources.

2 comments:

Tara said...

It's starting to get so cold here (in the 40s during the day!) that I NEEDED to see some lovely warm cozy blankets! Thanks! I'm going to have to run to a local textile shop and pick up some brown plain blankets, methinks!

paula said...

your's is still my fave.